MONDAY 30TH JANUARY 7-9PM FREE TASTER SESSION
A special opportunity for anyone curious about this course and would like to try out a taster session.
To reserve your place please contact us on [email protected] or call 0131 622 1956 Not a drop in class
What is Foundation Programme?
Foundation Programme is designed for students who have gained a basic understanding of Kadampa Buddhist practice and are interested in pursuing a formalised and committed study programme.
- Increased personal insight, wisdom and experience of Dharma (Buddha’s teachings)
- Studying and meditating more effectively following a specially-designed programme and qualified meditation teacher
- An opportunity to discuss and ask questions
- Gain the ability to integrate Buddha’s instructions into busy modern life.
- Be part of a supportive community who use meditation in their daily life to bring about lasting changes in their relationships with themselves and those around them.
Commitments of the Foundation Programme
- The Programme is not a drop in class. Enrolment is required and contains the following commitments.
- To have a sincere personal commitment to try to attend each class.
- To commit to studying at least one section of the book.
- To prepare for each class by studying and memorising to the best of your ability the essential points of the text for that class.
- Take a written exam at the end of each section of the book.
- To try to attend one weekly puja (chanted meditation) at the Centre.
Fees and How to Enrol
£34.95 per monthly membership includes
- All courses, classes and retreats held at the centre and across our branch classes.
- Foundation Programme and weekend courses
- 30% discount for special events including empowerment events.
TERM DATES JANUARY – MARCH 2023
Joyful Path of Good Fortune by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
A clear and comprehensive explanation of the entire path to enlightenment. We all have the potential for self-transformation, and a limitless capacity for the growth of good qualities, but to fulfil this potential we need to know what to do along every stage of our spiritual journey.
With this book, Geshe Kelsang offers us step-by-step guidance on the meditation practices that will lead us to lasting inner peace and happiness. With extraordinary clarity, he presents all Buddha’s teachings in the order in which they are to be practised, enriching his explanation with stories and illuminating analogies. This is a perfect guidebook to the Buddhist path.
The practice of Lamrim is very important because everyone needs to cultivate peaceful states of mind. By listening to or reading these teachings we can learn how to control our mind and always keep a good motivation in our heart. This will make all our daily actions pure and meaningful.
Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, Joyful Path of Good Fortune.
The oral transmission of the book, combined with teachings, guided meditations and discussion, will build our confidence to apply Dharma in daily life. By doing this consistently, we will joyfully turn our initial insights into actual realisations of Dharma.
Most of all, by building a connection with the teachings and spiritual friends, Foundation Program is the perfect way to energise and sustain our spiritual life.
Joyful Path of Good Fortune is available in our shop or from Tharpa Publications.