The Foundation Programme (FP) is designed for students who have gained a basic understanding of Kadampa Buddhist practice and are interested in pursuing a formalized and committed study programme.
Benefits of Foundation Programme
- Increased personal insight, wisdom and experience of Dharma (Buddha’s teachings)
- Studying and meditating more effectively following a specially-designed programme and qualified meditation teacher
- An opportunity to discuss and ask questions
- Gain the ability to integrate Buddha’s instructions into busy modern life.
Commitments of the Foundation Programme
Foundation Programme is not a drop-in class. Enrolment is required and we ask that everyone who enrols:
- has a sincere personal commitment to try to attend each class
- will commit to at least 6 months after having one or two taster sessions
- will prepare for each class by studying and memorising to the best of your ability the essential points of the text for that class (including the condensed meaning)
- try to take an written exam at the end of each part of the book
Fees and How to Enrol
£34.95 per month
Your FP membership includes:
- All regular courses, classes and retreats held at the centre and all our branch classes.
- Foundation Programme and weekend courses
- 30% discount for empowerments.
If you have any questions about joining the Foundation Programme please email the Education Programme Coordinator at [email protected]
Based on the famous Eight Verses of Training the Mind by the great Bodhisattva, Langri Tangpa, this inspiring book reveals essential methods for transforming all life’s difficulties into valuable spiritual insights and for developing universal love and compassion, the source of true happiness for both self and others
You can purchase the book when you attend the class or online from here.